We are so lucky to have such amazing employees, many of whom have been with us for several years. It’s absolutely important to acknowledge everyone’s hard work from day to day, but we also love to acknowledge our employee’s anniversaries in celebration of the time they’ve spent to make the girl & the fig, the fig café and the girl & the fig CATERS! what they are today.
This month, Jackie Marovich will be celebrating her 17-year employee anniversary as a server at the girl & the fig with us! Read on to learn more about Jackie:
1. How did you first end up working for the girl & the fig, 17 years ago?
I was working at Murphy’s Irish Pub and a friend told me Sondra was moving the girl & the fig from Glen Ellen to the Plaza and was looking for servers. I went in to see Sondra and I started working there a few weeks later.
2. What's the best part of working for the girl & the fig?
I love all of my co-workers. I also appreciate the schedule flexibility the fig provides.
3. Name a favorite stand-out story or memory that happened at the girl & the fig.
There are so may stories I could tell but I don’t want to get anyone in trouble! When I first started working at the fig, I answered the phone “Hello, Murphy’s Irish Pub” – John Toulze was on the other end of the phone. That didn’t go down too well!
4. What are you most proud of accomplishing or learning in the last 17-years?
I’ve learned so much about food and wine. And I’ve met so many interesting people from all over the world.
5. What is your favorite spot to go on your days off, in Sonoma County?
When I’m not working I love to go hiking in Annadel Park or take a drive to Bodega Bay.
6. What is your favorite dish on the menu?
My favorite dish on the menu is the duck liver mousse. But the fig has an awesome menu and I pretty much like everything.
Thank you so much for your work over the years!