"Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle."
This Week: MacLaren Wine Company, 2013 Syrah, Atoosa's Vineyard
MacLaren - Wine Wisdom:
1. MacLaren Wine Company was founded in 2007, as a family-owned winery specializing in cool climate Syrah.
2. Steve Law is the founder and winemaker behind MacLaren Wine Company. He spent ten years in France traveling through the wine region, including the Northern Rhône, which is where he discovered and fell in love with Syrah.
3. Steve's winemaking style is influenced heavily by his love of French wines.
4. MacLaren Wine Company focuses on two main appellations for their Syrah - Bennett Valley and the Russian River Valley, because these are cooler climates which are both heavily influenced by fog.
5. While Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir are also produced by MacLaren Wine Company, Syrah is produced the most at 1,000 cases per year.
"A beautiful perfumed violet invites you into this wine revealing layers of strawberries, blackcurrants and a background of pepper, tobacco and salted meat. The mouth feel is plush with a pleasant freshness. The violet floral tones help highlight both the darker and redder fruits and the star anise finish maintains a fresher finish."
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)