"Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read."
This Week: Elyse Winery, 2014 Red Blend, Sierra Foothills
Photo by Elyse Winery
About Elyse Winery:
1. Ray and Nancy began Elyse Winery back in 1987, producing 286 cases of Zinfandel from the Morisoli Vineyard.
2. Growing up, Ray was raised on a dairy farm in northwest New Jersey.
3. In college, Ray worked for a fine wine shop in Boston, which is where he discovered fine French wine.
4. Nancy met Ray in Boston in 1982, and soon after they moved together to the Napa Valley to pursue Ray's interest in the wine business.
5. Elyse Winery was named after Nancy and Ray's daughter, Elyse Sarah, who was born just one year prior to the start of the winery.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)