"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more wine."
This Week: Broc Cellars, 2014 Old Vine Carignan, Alexander Valley
About Broc Cellars, 2014 Old Vine Carignan, Alexander Valley:
1. Broc Cellars creates their wines using "spontaneous fermentation", which is a process that means they use only the native yeasts and bacteria that are already on the grapes.
2. Unlike other winemakers, Broc Cellars does not add nutrients, yeast, bacteria, enzymes, tannins, or any other fermentation agents to their wine during the winemaking process.
3. As owner Chris Brockway states - "Our goal in making wine is to bring out the natural expression of the grape. We decide on a wine by wine basis how we want to do that."
4. By 2019, Broc Cellars has a goal to insure that over 95% of the grapes they use to produce their wines will be grown without synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or fertilizers.
5. Broc Cellars' line known as Love Wines was created in order to provide wine drinkers with a more affordable everyday wine, while still maintaining the core values and winemaking practices of Broc Cellars which include minimal intervention and sustainable farming.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)