"Wine gives wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and happiness to life."
This Week: Anaba Wines, Picpoul Blanc
About Anaba Wines:
1. Founder and Proprietor John Sweazey created Anaba Wines out of his love for the wine business. His interests lie in the production, marketing, and sales aspects of the wine business. John states - "I never personally wanted to be a winemaker. My desire to get into the business was fueled by my long-time interest in production - making the best possible wine from the finest grapes, then marketing and selling it. To me, that's the romance of wine."
2. John attended Stanford where he earned a degree in economics. During college, John and his fraternity brothers took a trip to the Napa Valley. On this trip, while toasting with a glass of Charles Krug Vin Rosé, is when John's love for the wine business first began.
3. Ross Cobb and Katy Wilson are the winemakers behind Anaba Wines.
4. Ross first found his interests in winemaking while spending summers and weekends helping his father plant a vineyard in Sonoma. Katy's winemaking passion first began at 18 during her studies at Cal Poly. Having grown up on a walnut orchard, Katy discovered that a career in winemaking could combine both her agricultural interests and her creative and scientific skills.
5. Anaba sources their Rhône varieties from the warmer areas of the Sonoma Valley. The warmer climate is ideal for creating Rhône wines that are full of flavor.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)