"Every empty glass has a story to tell."
This Week: Schramsberg, 2015 Sparkling Brut Rosé
1. The history of Schramsberg began back in the 19th century when Jacob Schram, an immigrant from Germany, started his life and his winery in California on Diamond Mountain.
2. In 1965, Jack and Jamie Davies were in search of a simpler lifestyle. They came across the abandoned Schramsberg property and winery, and set out to restore the estate and winery.
3. Not only did the Davies restore the estate and winery, but they have since created "America's most prestigious, select and admired sparkling wine".
4. Fun Fact: Schramsberg has played a role in history! In 1972, Schramsberg's Blanc de Blancs was used as a part of Nixon's "Toast to Peace" with China's Premier Zhou Enlai. Ever since this moment, Schramberg's sparkling wines have been served at official State functions by every U.S. president.
5. Making fabulous sparkling wines requires lots of love! At Schramsberg, many of the steps in the winemaking process are done by hand - the grapes are harvested by hand, the wines are handcrafted, and bottles are even stacked and riddled by hand as well.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)