"Either give me more wine or leave me alone."
1. Wellington Cellars is a local vineyard located in Glen Ellen that's been up and running for over 20 years.
2. In 2014, Henry Belmonte and his family purchased Wellington Vineyards. They decided to re-brand, change the style of wines, and scale the production down. From here, the new and improved Wellington Cellars was born, and is now a small production winery creating handcrafted wines.
3. Henry Belmonte's first exposure to winemaking happened at the early age of 9. He grew up watching his father and uncles making homemade table wines. Many years later, Henry and his brother Victor began creating and producing their own wine.
4. On Wellington Vineyard a variety of grapes are produced, including Rhone varietals such as Marsanne, Roussanne, and Grenache, some being from 100-year old vines!
5. The Belmonte family also owns Wellington's brother winery, VJB Cellars.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)