"All four elements were happening in equal measure - the cuisine, the wine, the service, and the overall ambiance. It taught me that dining could happen at a spiritual level."
1. The family history behind Gloria Ferrer has ties all the way back to the 16th century, where at the time the family first began creating wine in Spain.
2. In the 20th Century, Pedro Ferrer and Dolores Sala were married. They both came from prominent wine families, and together founded Freixenet which would become the world's largest producer of methode champenoise sparkling wine.
3. In the 1930's, Pedro traveled to the United States with the dream of expanding his family winery with the creation of a U.S. based operation. Sadly, he lost his life in the Spanish Civil War before he could make that dream a reality.
4. In 1982, Pedro's dream finally came true when his son and daughter in law, Jose & Gloria Ferrer, purchased 250 acres in Carneros. Together they created Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards.
5. Gloria Ferrer became the first sparkling wine house in Carneros. In addition, it was the first winery to plant champagne grape clones in Carneros as well.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)