"I shall drink no wine before it's time! OK, it's time."
This Week: Michaud Vineyard, 2015 Marsanne, Chalone AVA
1. Michael Michaud, founder of Michaud Vineyard, has over thirty-seven years of wine making experience in the Chalone AVA (a viticultural area in Monterey and San Benito counties in California).
2. Before creating Michaud Vineyard in 1998, Michael worked at Chalone Vineyard for over 19 years.
3. Each and every Michaud Vineyard vintage is made from 100% estate-grown grapes.
4. In 2016, Michael returned to Chalone Vineyard as a Consulting Winemaker to help Foley Family Wine Estates restore the vineyard to what it once was.
5. Michael's goal for Michaud Vineyard is, "To make wines that directly reflect the truly one-of-a-kind nature of this place. Towards that end, I do much of the wine making and the farming myself. I purposely keep production small, because I like getting my hands dirty and having complete quality control, from the dirt to the bottle. This is my passion."
Tasting Notes From The Winemaker: "Clean and light aromas of apples, sharp nectarine, yellow lilies and crushed white rocks make for a compelling nose on this bottling. The palate is very high-toned on first sip, then opens up with flavors of seared lemon rinds, saffron, sea salt and a light custard."
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)