Wine Wednesday: Three Clicks, 2016 Grenache Blanc, Sonoma County
"I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food."
This Week: Three Clicks, 2016 Grenache Blanc, Sonoma County
Three Clicks - Wine Wisdom:
1. Three Clicks Wines was founded by Bruce Devlin and his wife Danielle, who met at UC Davis where they both studied viticulture and oenology.
2. Harry Allen Smith was able to take the first sip of alcohol once it became legal after Prohibition had been repealed in 1933. To pull this feat off, Smith bribed the telegraph operator to send a "three-click" advanced warning before announcing the repeal of Prohibition.
3. Three Clicks sources its grapes from Napa Valley vineyards.
4. Bruce and Danielle first began Three Clicks with Sauvignon Blanc and Petite Syrah.
5. Three Clicks claims to "give tradition a new twist" with their screw-top closures.
Photo Credit: Bottling, from Three Clicks Wines
Three Click's 2016 Grenache Blanc has aromas of tangerine, honeysuckle, pear, nectarine, and tropical flowers. It has vibrant acidity and refreshing quality. The palate is fruit driven with flavors of tangerine, lime, and nectarines. The wine is has viscosity and weight across the mouth, and the body is fulfilling in texture. This Grenache Blanc finishes with lingering stone fruit flavors.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)