Wine Wednesday: Idle Cellars, 2014 Grenache, Sonoma County
"The discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star."
-Leonardo da Vinci
This Week: Idle Cellars, 2014 Grenache, Sonoma County
About Idle Cellars:
1. Idle Cellars is owned by Ari Heavner and Ben Larks, who first crossed paths while working in Sonoma years ago.
2. The two describe their wines as reflective of the yin and yang between them - Ari Heavner describes himself as a city dweller, while Ben Larks has deeper roots planted in the countryside.
3. Together, their goal with Idle Cellars is to ensure that "the best of Sonoma makes it from the vine to the bottle through hands-on craftsmanship".
4. The grapes for this 2014 Grenache from Idle Cellars are sourced from Kick Ranch Vineyard in Rincon Valley.
5. Kick Ranch Vineyard sits on soil mixed with volcanic ash, which adds to the minerality of this 2014 Grenache.
6. Idle Cellars won the Silver Award from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition for this 2014 vintage.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)