Wine Wednesday: Domenica Amato, 2016 Syrah, Sonoma Coast
"Wine is the only artwork you can drink."
This Week: Domenica Amato, 2016 Syrah, Sonoma Coast
About Domenica Amato:
1. Domenica Amato is a wine label under the Emmitt-Scorsone Wines brand, which is a partnership between winemaker Palmer Emmitt of Judge Palmer, and Michael Scorsone of Domenica Amato.
2. Michael Scorsone is the winemaker behind the Domenica Amato label.
3. Domenica Amato sources its grapes from small family vineyards.
4. Growing up in an Italian family, Michael's first passion was food. He studied at the Culinary Institute of America in New York, which is where he first found his love for wine.
5. The label Domenica Amato was named after Michael's grandmother who was born in Sicily and emigrated to the United States in the 1960's.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)