Wine Wednesday: Venge Vineyards, 2015 Syrah, Stagecoach Vineyard
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
This Week: Venge Vineyards, 2015 Syrah, Stagecoach Vineyard
About Venge Vineyards:
1. Venge Vineyards is pronounced ven-ghee, and is named after the Venge family who has owned the vineyard for over fifty years.
2. The Vineyard was first founded by Knud Venge, who emigrated from Denmark in the 1900's.
3. Knud's grandson, Nils Venge, left the family vineyard to study viticulture at UC Davis in the 1960's.
4. In 1976, the Venge family purchased a 17-acre vineyard with Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
5. Knud's great-grandson, Kirk Venge, had a passion for winemaking from an early age. In 2008, Kirk became the owner of Venge Vineyards, and today he continues the business and the legacy of the Venge family name.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)