Wine Wednesday: Cline Cellars, 2015 Ancient Vines, Mourvèdre
"Wine is for sharing. What's the fun of swirling, swishing, sloshing and yakking if my friends can't join in?"
This Week: Cline Cellars, 2015 Ancient Vines, Mourvèdre
About Cline Cellars:
1. Owners Nancy and Fred met at UC Davis, got married, and started their winery in Oakley.
2. They produced Rhône varietals including Mourvèdre, Carignane, Marsanne, Roussanne, and Viognier.
3. In 1991, Nancy and Fred decided to move the winery from Oakley to the Carneros Valley in Sonoma County.
4. Today, the Clines are passionate about the importance of the local history and have worked over the years to restore sites like Dillon Beach Resort, the Mizpah Hotel, and Tonopah Brewing Company.
5. Another fun fact about the Clines - they operate Green String Farm in Petaluma!
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)