Wine Wednesday: A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines, 2016 Cinsault, Swartland South Africa
"Wine is inspiring and adds greatly to the joy of living."
This Week: A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines, 2016 Cinsault, Swartland South Africa
About A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines:
1. This family-owned winery grows their grapes on Kalmoesfontein Farm, which is located in the Swartland appellation of South Africa.
2. The farm is owned by cousins Hein and Adi Badenhorst, who are both originally from Constantia.
3. In 2008, the two cousins purchased 60-acres in the Paardeberg to create A.A. Badenhorst Family Wines.
4. Together, they practice biological farming and make natural wines the traditional way.
5. "We make wines with immense character. We're using what we can afford. We are making the best wines we can. And we are having great experiences. I want to make something, involving interaction from my family." -Ali Badenhorst
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)