Wine Wednesday: GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery, 2013 Estate Syrah Port, Sonoma Valley
"A negative person sees the glass half empty. A positive person sees it half full. A realistic person adds wine and says: Cheers!"
This Week: GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery, 2013 Estate Syrah Port
About GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery:
1. Suzy and Squire Fridell own and operate GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery alongside their daughter, Lexy. The name GlenLyon comes from the historic homeland of Suzy's Scottish ancestors.
2. Before GlenLyon, Suzy had a career in dance. She has toured and performed with Nikolais Dance Theatre Company in over twelve foreign tours and forty U.S. tours, as well as choreographed performances for the UCLA Dance Company.
3. Squire also had a similar career in the show business world before entering the winemaking world. He was a successful actor in television commercials, appearing in over 3,400 ads. He has also written four published plays and a screenplay.
4. In 1982, Suzy and Squire welcomed their daughter Lexy into the world. In 1986 they decided to move to the Sonoma Valley where they created GlenLyon Vineyards and Winery, and the rest is history!
5. Today, their daughter Lexy also has her own wine label, Lexy's Toast, alongside her parent's wines.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)