Wine Wednesday: Gramercy Cellars, 2016 Los Oidos, Walla Walla Valley
"Language is wine upon the lips."
This Week: Gramercy Cellars, 2016 Los Oidos, Walla Walla Valley
1. Gramercy Cellars was founded in 2005 by Greg Harrington and his wife, Pam. They set out to create Rhone and Bordeaux based wines in Washington State.
2. They share a belief that all great wines have similar key factors, including "great vineyards, small production, minimalist winemaking, time, and patience."
3. Prior to creating Gramercy Cellars, Greg had a successful career as a Sommelier. He was responsible for managing some of the most prestigious wine programs in the US. He worked for notable restaurants and chefs including Joyce Goldstein, emeril Lagasse, Wolfgang Puck, and Stephen Hanson.
4. At 26 years old. Greg passed the Master Sommelier Diploma Exam, and has had a passion for winemaking ever since.
5. Gramercy Cellars is dedicated to John Lewis Plummer, Pam's father, as well as Master Sommelier Michael Bonaccorsi.
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)