Wine Wednesday: Melville, 2015 Syrah, Sta. Rita Hills
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."
This Week: Melville, 2015 Syrah, Sta. Rita Hills
1. Melville Winery is located in the Santa Ynez Valley, with vineyards throughout the Sta. Rita Hilla appellation.
2. A family owned winery, Melville was founded in 1989 by Ron Melville. He began Melville with an interest in growing Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah. Today, Ron runs the winery with his son, Chad Melville.
3. Melville prides themselves on using only grapes from their own vineyard in the production of their wines. Currently, Melville has 120 acres of vines, and 9 clones of Syrah vines.
4. Ron and his sons played a large role in the development and granting of the Sta. Rita Hills AVA back in 2001. The unique aspect of this region is that it is a cool climate area.
5. If you're ever in the Lompoc area, be sure to check out Melville's "Vineyard to Bottle" tour and tasting. The estate also houses a tasting room!
(Thirsty? Book your next reservation at the girl & the fig)