Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your information allows us to offer you certain products and services, including the use of our website, to fulfill our obligations to you, to customize your interaction with our company and our website. We generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent we process your data, we do so to serve our legitimate business interests (such as providing you with the opportunity to purchase our goods or services).
Ways in which we will use your information include:
• respond to your questions and comments and provide you with customer support
• notify you about special events, products and services
• conduct surveys to measure your level of interest in or satisfaction with our events, products and services
• deliver the products and services that you have requested or ordered
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites
• verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes
• enforce our terms and conditions
• manage our business
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
• analyze trends to improve our website and offerings
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking “update subscription preferences” at the bottom of any bulk email from the girl & the fig.
We utilize third-party companies and individuals (such as payment processors, PayPal, OpenTable for reservations, email providers and analytics and security providers) to help us provide services. These third parties have only limited access to your information, may use your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use your information for other purposes.
Links Provided To Other Sites
the girl & the fig, LLC may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as the girl & the fig, LLC. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any website owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those websites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
We also may use technology in e-mail messages or newsletters (Google Analytics, Robly) to determine whether messages have been opened and clicked. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted information and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online content.
There are various types of cookies, and we use each type for different reasons.
• Session ID cookies: these cookies expire when a browser is closed. These cookies are used to check if you are logged in.
• Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our site, including storing our details if you select “Remember Me” when you log in.
• First- and third-party cookies: first-party cookies store information in the user’s computer that is created by the website, while third-party cookies are placed on a user's hard disk by a website from a domain other than the one a user is visiting. We use these cookies to collect statistics and user data in aggregate and individual form in analysis tools to optimize our site and to present you with relevant marketing material. We also use third-party cookies that perform cross-site tracking in order for us to provide you with marketing on other sites.
By using our site, you are agreeing to us placing these types of cookies on your device and accessing them.
Like many website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data to better inform our decisions about the products and services we offer.
To use certain features of the Website or its Content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
It is your responsibility to protect your own username and password from disclosure to others. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your personal information at your own risk.
By using our Website and its Content you agree to enter true and accurate information on the Website and its Content. If you enter a bogus email address we have the right to immediately deactivate your account.
We will use our best efforts to keep your username and password(s) private and will not otherwise share your password(s) without your consent, except as necessary when the law requires it or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, particularly when disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to others or interfering with our rights or property.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
• We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
• You have the right to request access to your data that we store and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
• You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
• To the extent that you provided consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
• We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. While we take physical, technical and administrative precautions to protect your information from unauthorized access or use, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any online service, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides for certain rights to protect the privacy of EU citizens. Specifically:
• Right to access: you have the right to request information about your personal data held by us at any time. You can contact us to request such information.
• Right to rectification: you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you. If you have a Rhone Room account, you can update or edit your personal information through your account settings.
• Right to erasure: you have the right to requests that we delete your data.
• Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information that is based on our legitimate interest. We will discontinue to process such personal information unless we are able to demonstrate legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
• Right to object to direct marketing: you have the right stop direct marketing messaging and to withdraw consent for other content-based processing at any time. You can opt-out of direct marketing by following the instructions in each marketing e-mail, or by contacting us.
• Right to portability: you have the right to request that we transfer or port elements of your personal data either to you or another service provider.
• Right to complain to a supervisory authority: If believe we are processing your personal information in an incorrect way, please contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to your data protection regulator.
Please contact us with any complaints, questions, or if you want to exercise any of your rights.
You can request access to all your personal information by sending an e-mail.
the girl & the fig, LLC
1206 East MacArthur Street
Sonoma, CA 95476